Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Engagement(s)

This morning I got up at 11 AM and ate a piece of chocolate cake.

Yesterday afternoon I handed in a grant application that I spent weeks working on. When I got home my body had an allergic reaction towards my to-do list. So, I brushed it off for the day and  instead I cooked myself a nice meal, made the illustration here just for kicks and watched Moonrise Kingdom, again. The relief I feel is nice but will be short lived.

I have so many deadlines coming up that it's sorta overwhelming, but I'm also really excited for the projects. Aside from work for clients, I'm making some new portfolio pieces before I send it out to editorial Art Directors. I'm also finessing a stop-motion animation that I will be submitting to film festivals. I'm very please to say that Jason MacIsaac of the Heavy Blinkers will be composing the animation's score! (Seriously, this is amazing, I feel so lucky.) And, now I'm working full steam ahead on the illustrations for my graphic novel, Photobooth, A Biography.

I haven't had a break in a while, so fortunately, my brother Kieran and I are taking a three day trip to Saskatoon next weekend to see my lovely extended family. It's not exactly an exotic destination but the break in the routine will be much appreciated. I can't wait to hug my grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment