Tuesday, February 26, 2013

At the base of the Mountain

I've been pull-my-hair-out busy, so I haven't had a chance to post in a while. I'm chipping away at my to-do list and making good progress on small illustration jobs here and there. But the real work is my graphic novel. I've been illustrating it steadily this month and feel like I have comparatively little to show for it. I've already spent a year on this book and when I look around, I still feel like I'm at the base of the mountain.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of this mountain and I see a pretty clear path up. It's just that now I'm accustomed to projects with quick turnarounds and I love that feel of satisfaction of when I finish a work. It will just be a while until I get that feeling with Photobooth, A Biography.

Here's a snippet of a page of a chapter I just finished (sans text). Now I've got to get back to base camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment