The time has almost come! On March 28th, I’ll be launching an IndieGoGo Campaign to fundraise for two photobooth themed trips I’d like to do this spring!
The first trip is to Venice, California for the 2012 International Photobooth Convention, the second is to Montreal to visit Auto Photo’s warehouse. (They’re the manufacturers of photobooths in Canada.) I’m taking these trips to do research for a graphic novel that I’m writing & illustrating about photobooths. (I’ll also be shooting a stop-motion animation in Montreal at the warehouse, you can learn more about that here.)
I’m SUPER DUPER excited about this campaign so I’ve been busy creating some incentives for people to donate. Amongst the perks will be…
- A limited edition 9 x 14 print of a “Photobooth Portrait”. These portraits will be throughout the finished graphic novel. I started and almost finished one last night, you can see my progress in these photos.
- A photobooth themed tote bag, designed and silkscreened by me + a one-of-a-kind creative photostrip taken by me.
- Airmail cushion covers measuring 16 x 16, also designed and silkscreened by me.
- A 12 page booklet of concept art for the final graphic novel.
- Mail art from me for ONE YEAR. Yes, that’s right, one perk will be that every month for a year I will send you a creative care package with photostrips, drawings, recipes, tiny gifts and an ongoing puzzle that you will need all 12 months to complete.
The campaign will start on March 28th and last 26 days, I’m hoping to reach as many people as possible so please feel welcome to share it with your friends! Thank you!