Wednesday, December 1, 2010

NEW PROJECT: The Photobooth Drawing Swap

My three very favourite things in the whole world are photobooth pictures of other people, sending and receiving real mail and the making drawings. And so, I’ve come up with a simple ongoing project to swap your photobooth pictures via the post for my original drawings. This is how the Photobooth Drawing Swap works:

1. You decide you would like to make a mutually beneficial trade and email me at meagsfitzgerald@hotmail.com to give me your address and request my address.

2. You then find a nearby classic black & white or colour photobooth (not a digital one), you can use Photobooth.net’s Locator* feature if you don’t know where the booths in your city are. Then have some fun and take some candid photos.

OR

2. You dig through that old shoebox or junk drawer and find those old pictures you don’t need to hang on to any more. Whether you send one individual photo, a whole strip or 10 strips, you get a one of a kind drawing/drawings. (Let me know if intend to send multiple strips and I will send you several drawings to make it at fair trade.)

3. You pop your photos in a mailbox.... wait a few days and presto! You’ll have a pleasant surprise waiting for you.

Just to give you a feel, here are some drawings from some old sketchbooks, the sort of things you might expect to get.

*I volunteer for the Locator feature on Photobooth.net and you easily can too. If you know of a photobooth in your area that has not been added to their database, click here to see how you can contribute a booth location.

No comments:

Post a Comment