Saturday, April 21, 2012

Capacity of Home at Habourfront Centre

Jubilee: The View From Here, a group show at Toronto’s Habourfront Centre opened last night. I made a new piece for the show and haven’t shared it with anyone until now (with the exception of all my friends who witnessed me crocheting madly for last four months.) My piece is titled Capacity of Home, if you’re curious about my thought process you can read my artist statement and see the other artists' work on the gallery's website, http://www.harbourfrontcentre.com/visualarts/2012/jubilee-the-view-from-here/

Friend and photographer Lindsay Duncan was kind enough to spend a morning in the studio with me, documenting how the piece is meant to be utilized. Here are some of my favourite photos taken by Lindsay.









No comments:

Post a Comment